Happy National Sunglass Day!
Today is National Sunglasses Day, and to celebrate, we want to share some sweet deals with you and some facts about why today is so important. Did you know*...
- Not all sunglasses offer UVA/UVB protection. Make sure you see a label, sticker, or tag to protect against this dangerous radiation
- While the clouds do block solar brightness, they still allow up to 80 percent of harmful UV rays to reach your eyes
- Danger Zones! States with higher elevation and more days of sunshine generally have more UV exposure, so be extra careful out there!
- Children receive three times the annual sun exposure of adults, increasing their susceptibility to UV eye damage; be sure to grab a pair for the kiddos in your life as well!
- American break or lose a pair of sunglasses every 14 minutes, so make sure your backups have backups!
*according to the Vision Council