Worn and loved by runners, Optic Nerve sunglasses are perfect for logging miles
WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. – Optic Nerve sunglasses were founded in athletic performance, and this Colorado based company knows what it takes to produce sustainable sunglasses for both leisure and competitive sport. No matter what gets you out the door and onto the road or trail, they have plenty of styles to keep you moving while reducing environmental impact. Features such as wrap-around shield protection, adjustable nose pieces, photochromic light adjusting lenses, and polarization provide optionality depending on your running objective. If you happen to be attending The Running Event in Austin, Texas November 28-30, stop by booth #1721 to see for yourself.
Optic Nerve is constantly innovating to bring forward new planet-friendly styles to meet the evolving needs of the running community. In 2024, they highlight a few styles that are perfect for any distance.
- FixieRIP: This brand new silhouette is a slim, nimble, and lightweight addition to the Fixie Series that features a soft touch full lens wrapper for incredible durability without encumbering peripheral visibility. Thoughtful innovation like hydrophobic coatings and anti-slip finishes make this pair of sunglasses the ultimate running companion. | $99 | Frame Material: G850 Castor Bean Resin | Lens Material: Premium Polycarbonate
- Stonecat: Taking design cues from the premium Fixie Series performance line, this brand new frame brings a high performance look to the masses. With thoughtfully maintained details like rubberized contact pieces on the temples and the nose bridge, the Stonecat will stay secure on your face during your next training run, race day, or anything in between. | $49 | Frame Material: Global Recycled Standard Certified Plastic | Lens Material: TAC Nylon
- Fairplay: We’ve taken inspiration from an absolutely classic frame shape, and given it the full Optic Nerve treatment. Stunning colorways, planet-friendly materials, UV protection for days AND a price for the masses. Lightweight to minimize bounce on the move with a color combo for any outfit! | $39.99 | Frame Material: Global Recycled Standard Certified Plastic | Lens Material: TAC Nylon
RiNO: Inspired by the energy of the River North Art District just down the street from our headquarters in Colorado, this style packs serious energy and style without sacrificing protection. The light frame is perfect for life on the move and the charismatic color combinations are lovely accent pieces too. | $39.99 | Frame Material: Global Recycled Standard Certified Plastic | Lens Material: TAC Nylon
There are also several styles that runners adore that they’ll keep in their line-up as best-sellers. In addition to the perfect features and functionalities, these sunglasses also have a limited lifetime warranty, so nothing holds runners back from getting outside – because it’s always worth it.
- Alpine: When it’s time to get serious, the Alpine is minimalism in its purest form. These narrow half-frame polarized sport sunglasses are perfect for your next adventure. The sleek design of the Alpine is so lightweight, you may even forget you're wearing them. | $29.99 | Frame Material: GRS Plastic | Lens Material: TAC Nylon
- Tightrope: One of our most popular running styles, the sleek, minimalist Tightrope is a clear choice for outdoor activities with polarized lenses that offer maximum coverage and protection. The Tightrope is complete with a tactile rubber nose pad to prevent slipping. | $29.99 | Frame Material: GRS Plastic | Lens Material: TAC Nylon
- Hoodoo: The Hoodoo is a classic wayfarer design in our Natural Wood collection. This style is ready head out for a run, then straight to town. Made from 100% certified Forest Stewardship Council® Natural Wood, these provide a secure feeling and durability while relying on less plastic to decrease the carbon footprint. | $49 | Frame Material: FSC Certified Natural Wood | Lens Material: TAC Nylon
- FixieSTEALTH: Combining the best features in the Fixie Series, the FixieSTEALTH offers an amazing field of view, an aggressive performance-inspired design and durable construction including an innovative ratchet-adjustable nose piece for a precise fit. | $79 Frame Material: G850 Castor Bean Resin | Lens Material: Premium Polycarbonate
- FixieBLAST: This is the fully rimless option in the Fixie line, built with a next level lens and frame construction designed for unobstructed vision and clarity. Plus get all the same great benefits from the FixieMAX line - hydrophobic coatings to repel any water, sweat or debris, and rubberized temple / nose grip finishes, and double pin temple attachments for robust durability. | $79 | Frame Material: G850 Castor Bean Resin | Lens Material: Premium Polycarbonate
These new and best-selling running sunglasses, and all products moving forward, will reflect Optic Nerve’s commitment to sustainability as they are made from plant-based and Global Recycled Standard (GRS) materials and come in new biodegradable packaging. Optic Nerve will be one of the only players in the sunglass industry to provide this commitment to sustainability for prices as low as $29. As an additional commitment to sustainability, Optic Nerve’s warehouse distribution center and office, just outside of Denver, is powered by solar and wind energy so customers can feel inspired by not only the products themselves but what they represent.
For more information about Optic Nerve and to see more of their new brand, visit www.opticnerve.com.
About Optic NerveIndependently owned and proudly headquartered in Colorado since 1981, Optic Nerve Eyewear exists to create a clearer view of what matters, producing purposeful eyewear for the outdoor inspired. Headquartered in one of the most physically active states in the U.S., Optic Nerve knows what it’s like to go the extra mile and dedicates excruciating thoughtfulness around features and innovation to make sure nothing stands in the way of creating products with a little extra flare and more value, all with a steadfast commitment to sustainability and quality backed by a lifetime warranty. To learn more, visit www.opticnerve.com.